I would get neither.
1. You already mentioned you probably won't need the extra battery life because you won't stray from an outlet too long.
2. A 3.06 would be nice, but I still think it's a little pricy and you can always upgrade later, so wait for the 3.06 processors to drop in price. A 2.8 is still really nice.
3. Unless you really need a dvd-rw why get one now? You can always get that later too when the price drops if you decide you really want/need...