Unfortunately sell only has the 32 bit vista ricoh driver and no ricoh driver for 64 bit vista I'm getting tired of this shitty driver support. Has anyone gotten remote desktop to work on vista 64?
thanx in advance,
Hey all. I have vista 64 installed with media direct 3 working fine. I have 2 base system devices that i need drivers for. They are.
1) PCI bus 3, device 1, Function 3
2) PCI bus 3, device 1, function 2
Any idea which drivers i need from dell for these 2 system devices?
Thanks in advance,
I have a 9400 and have mediadirect3 burned onto dvd (torrentz.com easy to find). I have done the install instructions earlier in this thread and mediadirect boots up HOWEVER after the first dell media direct screen vista loads up. I am using vista 64 bit but also tried on the 32 bit version with the same problem. Any advice?
PowerISO worked like a charm thanks
These are the instructions i used to install media direct 3.
OK People If your installing MD3 on a Vista system then please try the following:
!!!THIS COMPLETELY FORMATS AND DELETES ALL DATA ON YOUR HDD SO BE WARNED !!!
!!! MD3 WILL RECONFIGURE YOUR HDD FOR USE WITH ITSELF, WINDOWS & DELL DIAGS !!!
1. Boot from MD3 and let it prep your drive whatever way you prefer (100% of the disk is what I done).
2 .Reboot and boot from Vista...
Hey all. I installed 64 bit vista then uninstalled it and put in 32 bit vista. 64 bit is just shitty in terms of driver support and I had some stability issues (no overclocking) on both my laptop and my desktop with clean installs of vista64. I have downloaded dell media direct v3.nrg and now need to be told what to do with it to get it on my laptop. Do I burn it to dvd to install? Does the dvd need to be bootable? any and all advice appreciated. I got md3 install...
Thanks for the advice scotsman. I am taking it. I will now reformat and reload windows vista 32 bit on my laptop. Thanks for the tip on the sd card how to I already have the dell media direct reinstall cd version 2. Any idea where i can get the mediadirect version 3?
Well I bought vista on Jan 30. I installed the 64 bit version and have the following problems.
1) I have no subwoofer support.
2) When changing icons sometimes I have to reboot to get the new icon pic to actually show (yes i hit apply and still nothing about half the time)
3) Vista has 2 versions of Internet explorer included (after the 64bit install). A 32 and a 64 bit version. I use the 64 bit version and about once an hour explorer just exits to desktop.
Thanks all ...wow what a ride the last 2 days have been. Last but not least anti virus/firewall/spyware. I have avast 4.7 professional (bought it) and adaware/adwatch professional se (bought it also). I also have my windows firewall turned on. Am I covered? I am awaiting the forum response to this cause if you all say im ok then i turn on my wireless card and start downloading the updates. My comp is ready to go just need to update windows and my anti virus/spam stuff. I...
ALL PROBLEMS SOLVED
1) Dell did not install the correct motherboard in my machine meaning that when i was installing the sb creative drivers they were conflicting as my mb only has the sigma tel. I ORDERED AND PAID FOR THE 30.00 CDN UPGRADE!!!
2) After reformatting and having a dell tech tell me in what order my drivers should be installed we realized the monumental screwup that they did not build my system to specs. Once realized the sound problem went away. ...