HP Pavilion dv4000 CTO NB
WinXP Home Edition SP2
Pentium M Processor 770 (2.13 GHz)
15.4" WXGA BrightView Widescreen (1280x800)
128MB ATI Mobility Radeon X700
1.25GB DDR2 SDRAM (512MB stock + 1GB from newegg.com = 1.25GB installed and a 256MB spare module)
80 GB 5400 RPM HDD
DVD+/-RW/R DL & CD-RW
Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG WLAN
6 Cell Lithium Ion Battery
HP Mobile Remote Control
HP Sport Backpack
USB full sized optical mouse (newegg.com)
The screen is not as bright as others I've seen (like the Vaio's screens) but I think it is also not as reflective, and that's good. I had no dead pixels and I'm glad about it. I'm very happy with my screen, although I would like it to get a slower dim level.
I didn't use any bechmark software, so I'm using my gaming experiences.
Call of Duty 2: Plays great! Maybe not at max res, but it looks great!.
NFS Most Wanted: Well, if you want to play on medium-high resolution the game's performance will decrease.
Battlefield 2: I played this game for about 20 minutes, it is not playable on max resolution, you have to go with a general medium (I played this game when I only had 512MB DDR2, not 1.25GB).
SimCity 4 with Rush Hour: This game plays very well with the X700, at least on a medium size city.
SimCity is an old game (2003), but considering I had some trouble playing it with a P4 HT 2.8GHz and an ATi Radeon 9200 on med res, I was surpriced when I played it on my lappy with all settings set to high.
This lappy is better for gaming than my desktop (P4 HT 2.8, ATi Radeon 9200, 512MB DDR)
Great speakers, loud enough, although the audio quality is really poor, you will easily tell using headphones. It is disappointing.
This lappy is very quiet when not gaming or doing any processor intensive task. While gaming, the fan can get loud.
I've been using my lappy for about 1 month and the keyboard is starting to shine, I'm really sad.
At the begining I really had a hard time using it, but I set the touching sensitivity to Max and the problem was corrected.
I ignore the DVD writing speed (sorry) but the CD writing speed is very slow, just 24x.
It does take less time to boot than Windows. I like it to play movies, not to play music.
With the screen almost on the dimmest level, using MS Word and playing music and videos on Windows Media Player 10 and the Wireless LAN beeing On 70% of the time and Off the other 30%, I get about 2-2:15 hours of battery life.
Just forget about playing on batteries, the battery life gets really shorter and because of the PowerPlay feature of the GPU, the game's performance will decrease a lot.
Would I recommen this laptop? Of course, unless you are a hardcore gamer. I'm happy with my lappy and I think I'll give it a 9. HP had the lowest price I could find for a laptop with same specs.
I had lots of pictures, but unfortunately I lost them all, and I don't have a digital camera. Sorry.