Please see our extensive Force 710 pictures here.
1. Rear exaust
2. Phone Modem and NIC
3. Power Plug
1. Media Drive
2. USB 1
3. USB 2
1. PC Card slot / Express Card Slot
2. USB 3
5. Exaust Vent
We normally flag it when ever a manufacturer tries to put an exaust port on the right side of the machine, mainly because who needs a heater for their right hand? However I am pleased to report that even with the system fans on high looping test the port was not able to put out and noticable heat.
1. Fire Wire
2. 3-1 Card Reader
3. Audio Ports: Mic, Line in, Headphones
4. Indicator Lights: Battery, Power, Wireless/Bluetooth
Build Quality: This machine is built well, nothing really felt cheap nor did it have any small parts that would break off easily.
Battery Life: Battery life tested with DVD playback no powersave and Max screen brightness and max volume.
Screen Quality: This machine has remarkable viewing angles and a nice refresh rate, however it was a little darker than I am used to.
Asthetics: This machine is very basic, while it has no feature i determined to be unpleasent... the laptop has a very cookie cutter look.
Port Placement: I am not a fan of the port placement on this machine, here is a list of why:
1. Ports in the front of the machine. I personally don't like the wires coming out of the front of my computer. on top of that, it is normally very easy to damage ports on a laptop(so the more out of the way they are the better).
2. Almost no ports on the back. I like not having wires in my way, and with almost all the ports spread out on 3 sides of the notebook; it is hard to get a clean look.
Preformance: For only having a 7600 in the machine it does well for itself(See benches further down).
(HOCP Far cry benchmark)
Maximum quality option, Direct3D renderer
Level: Training, demo: Training.tmd
Pixel shader: default model
Antialising: From System×
Anisotropic filtering: From System×
Geometry Instancing: disabled
Normal-maps compression: disabled
Score = 78.29 FPS (Run 1)
Score = 78.20 FPS (Run 2)
Average score = 78.24 FPS
3D Mark 05'
3D Mark 06'