Originally Posted by Striph
It should be this:
1. Make sure 9 cell battery is in laptop.
2. Make sure 130w adapter is plugged in.
3. Boot system up, flash cracked XPS2 bios.
4. Reboot system into windows, let it refind everything.
5. Run latest XPS2 A05 Bios update.
6. Turn system off
7. Swap video cards.
8. Load up Windows, let it refind your new video card.
Call me stupid cause I'm missing something here. I just bought the 9300 and a 7800 gtx go. I can definetly do this mod, my only question is why is there two bios' in the download on page 1? If you have a 9300 do you flash the 9300 hacked bios then the xps2 hacked bios? Or do you just do the xps2 hacked bios? I'm clear from there on out. I'm just not clear on which of the bios' to flash first. Thanks in advance for the help.
Also, one more thing. Is the xps2 bios the same as the m170 bios.
Thanks yet again for an answer.