Originally Posted by dave-p
there seems to be a decent rate of recovery with this method, just how long it works is another thing
I found out that as long as one does not fancy with overclocking, then it would go for a long time (talking years here). For a repetition, one must apply some sort of soldering cleaner (or prep) before baking it again.
My baking recipe:
- turn up the oven to 150C, let it achieve the temp first.
- bake the ding for 4 minutes
- turn the oven up to 230C
- let it go for another 3 minutes
- open the oven's door
- turn the oven down to 150C mark
- leave the ding in there for another 3 minutes.
- remove it and let it cool at room temp before doing anything.
So far so good ...