Originally Posted by chaldoray
They have all HPS, pretty good deals all around $899.99 for 1gig of ram, amd 3400.
What laptop should i get? I want one mainly to be a desktop replacement, and it will be used when i go on business trips too. I need good battery life too.
What laptops are the best, reliable, and good?
IBM is the most reliable.
You need to look for:
- At least a 8-cell battery. 12 cell is better.
- Intel gma 900 integrated graphics is the best integrated graphics.
- A 5400rpm hard drive.
- Laptop speakers are usually only 1 watt and 2 speakers. Get one with a subwoofer too.
- A reinstallation disk to reformat with.
- At least a 1 year warranty.
- The screen text gets smaller or larger depending on if it's a WXGA (largest text), WSXGA (smaller text than the WXGA), WUXGA (smallest text).
- 512 ram is standard.
- 14.1" XGA screens provide large text, and a lighter notebook. Weight can be a factor if you pack the notebook around.
- Get a USB mouse too. And a USB memory stick helps.
Go here to learn how to secure you new laptop from the bad hackers.http://www.dslreports.com/faq/security