Originally Posted by Luke@PCTorque
1. If you purchase a retail copy of a microsoft product, microsoft supports it not the OEM. If you purchase an OEM copy, the OEM who sold it to you is responsible. As part of the liscenceing for Windows not only is the OEM not responsible from support retail products, but they are supposed to be restricted from it. If you read all the EULAs that MS pops out you would realize that the blame should be on MS... not the OEM for lack of support on their product.
2. If you receive a product with a defect it is the responsibilty of the user to report it immediatly, Sager has a policy to make sure machine that arrive deffective do not cause the user to endure cost:http://www.pctorque.com/policies.php
3. With multiple issues on the same unit who are still with in the MFGs warranty I have never received an issue to where they would not replace/refund a customer so long as there has not been any sign of physical abuse to the system and is a direct result of failure of components that Sager provided. They do not however have and official Lemon policy.
As I understand it...
So for 10 days starting from ship date (not arrival to house), any defects in laptop will be returned to Sager and the shipping cost will be handled by Sager.
1. Is that correct?
2. On the DOA, what is the use of the deposit?
3. On the event that you will return a defective system. Will you have to send the unit first until they receive it and that is the only time they will send a replacement?
After the Golden 10 days period. (Of course, there are times when you can discover issues on your laptop especially if you are a beginner. Takes more than 10 days). If a defect is discovered...
1. Will Sager/reseller cover the shipping cost?
2. If yes on #1, for how long will the shipping cost be covered?
I have read on the consumer reports magazine that among the sellers of electronics. (e.g. computer) Costco is one of the best if not the best when it comes to defects and return policy... Their policy ---within 6 months you can return defective computer no question ask on any of their branches.
I am not connected to costco, just a happy consumer who buys from them...
Too bad, they dont sell sager notebooks ... Only HP-Compaq, Dell and Acer, Toshiba, Averatec & Planet.