Originally Posted by tommms
How did you manually install it? And what is DLA and how do I turn it off?
I searched until i found this and it seemed it would be worth a try.
To do a manual install, do the following:
1) Create a destination folder (for example, c:\program files\doom 3)
2) Insert CD 1.
3) Copy Doom3.exe from CD 1 (Setup\Data\Doom3.exe) to your destination folder.
4) Create a "base" directory in your destination folder (for example, c:\program files\doom 3\base).
5) Copy pak002.pk4 from CD 1 (Setup\Data\base\pak002.pk4) to the "base" folder.
6) Copy game00.pk4 from CD 1 (Setup\Data\base\game00.pk4) to the "base" folder.
7) Insert CD 2.
8) Copy pak000.pk4 from CD 2 (Setup\Data\base\pak000.pk4) to the "base" folder.
9) Copy pak001.pk4 from CD 2 (Setup\Data\base\pak001.pk4) to the "base" folder.
10) Insert CD 3.
11) Copy pak003.pk4 from CD 3 (Setup\Data\base\pak003.pk4) to the "base" folder.
12) Copy pak004.pk4 from CD 3 (Setup\Data\base\pak004.pk4) to the "base" folder.
13) Go to the base folder and create a text file called "doomkey". NOTE: This file should not have any file extension.
14) Open the doomkey file in notepad.
15) Enter your CD Key exactly as it appears on the CD Key sticker. Use all capital letters and do not include any dashes.
16) Save that file.
17) Doom 3 should now be installed on your computer.
The final layout on the hard drive should look like this:
It is from the customer support on the Activision site.
Sorry for taking so long to reply, i've been a little busy today