ok no full review yet.. still playing with things to get everything all set...
but a few comments from a different perspective from most people here.. im not a hardcore gamer (but do game) and I am mainly using this as a workstation for high end graphics work.
1. The screen... well im not totally thrilled with it... the default color profile is horendous and has a huge shift towards blue aspecial in gray ramps... i partially fixed this by eyeballing it but will profile it when i get to work on monday with a hardware profiler... it really sparkles quite a bit on light colors though this improves drastically with the backlight at max, and scrolling text trails on it about 1px (very faint tho but more than others i use regularly)... keep in mind my reference is very high end crts and lcds that I use for my job so for most people none of this would be an issue... compared to my wifes iBook screen the sager screeen is significantly sharper but slower refreshes and not as punchy color... also hers has much better viewing angles.. the blackpoint on the sager shifts rapidly even on a slight change of angle colors stay consistent for the most part except on horizontal rotation.. where the screen shifts towards a warmer more yellow tone.. overall i like it... and will take the resolution vs accuracy comprimise and be happy with it... we will see how it is after profiling... oh and not a dead pixel in sight (and i didnt get the 0 dead pixel policy)... ohh and i wish there were another 2 notches in backlight brightness on it..
2. the audio system.. speakers get pretty loud but clip on bass, overall fine for a laptop and work/gaming on the road (or should i say out of office desks with and outlet) no problems with the output hooking it up to my Creative Labs DTT2500 Digital 5.1 Speakers. The soundcard is really high latency though for using with applications that need low latency... ASIO4ALL works to improve that and you can get 10-13ms latency with that in ASIO aware applications. i have found though that my Griffin iMic works better for headsets (for voip and gaming)... and sager should not advertise that tiny thing in the underside of the laptop as a subwoofer because its not even close to that... my Sony MDR-7506 monitor headphone kick out more bass than that sitting on my desk... again another area i am really harsh on... my reference points are my fathers recording studio, ny studio monitors and monitor headphones, and the retardedly good sounding SQ+ competition audio system in my BMW (lets just say this laptop was a hell of alot cheaper than than whats invested in the car stereo)
3. battery.... im not sure why this thing even has a battery in it.. it lasts an hour tops... i guess its nice to have though i will pretty much never use it... so the battery life wasnt a concern
4. keyboard... nice.. sturdy... nice feel... not as nice as my diNovo but nice enough... though i wish there were some feet you could flip out keyboard style to raise up the back and of the laptop as i hate typing on it flat like that... oh well i slapped my guitar tuner under the back and all is good
everything else is just fine with it... it screams through everything... and has been ROCK solid so far (btw this was a no OS system so i have installed everything)
5. Heat... it doesnt get that hot... it gets warm but not overly so... my dell inpiron 7000 gets WAY hotter overall (but the vent on the left front of this is definatley warmer)... the system pretty much stays at around 40-43c during normal use with the occasional spike up to 55-60... fans are basically silent most of the time..
6. size... i think i am by far the minority here... but its smaller than i tought it would be... and both the system as a whole and the screen... i want it bigger lol.. im 6'2" 300lbs i can handle it... the system this is replacing was my desktop machine with dual 21" crts tho so maybe i just need to get used to it... im definatley gonna grab a dell 2005FPW to use as a second sceen at home though... its just a kickass screen and its cheap... actually it will probably act as my primary at home...
7.uhmmm i guess thats it for now... i have taken a ton of pictures... i will post up more later...
and i just finished getting everything installed so now its time to do some benches..