Recently, my Sager 8890 had been running really loud, because the fans never seemed to turn off. Of course I popped popped open the CPU compartment and took out the heat sink. To my horror, there was a huge thick cover of lint covering every inch of the heatsink intake Im surprised my laptop didn't overheat. As a I was puttin it back, I noticed that there was some residue on both the heatsink and CPU, remenants of thermal paste or something. Im sure its no harm this time, but I am going to undoubtedly have to clean the heatsink in the future. Should I throw some extra thermal paste in there? Have any of you experienced this problem too?
post #1 of 15
12/14/03 at 6:13pm