I purchased an Optoma DS305 from Office Depot for $499 (after $100 rebate) on Friday. Since then, I've managed to watch the OU/OSU footbal game with a diagonal viewing area of 12 feet !! And yesterday, I played Call of Duty 2 with about a 6 foot viewing area. Simply awesome. However, I have some concerns.
- Is the DS305 the same thing as the EP716?
- Why is there hardly any sites which carry replacement bulbs for it (is it getting discontinued?
- What is the USB port for on the back?
- Is there a way to make your own screen out of fabric or painting a wall with special paint?
- Has anyone found what they think is the cheapest ceiling mount for this thing?
- Many sites offer a free lamp replacement voucher for educators. Why not Office Depot? (I emailed them to ask why..no response yet).