notice that the pcmark 04 shows it as a 3.2 ghz running at 2550 mhz...whats up with that?
post #21 of 727
12/18/03 at 2:54am
Originally Posted by jswriter
Pretty freakin' awesome looking hunk o' hardware!
I still am hoping that a WSXGA+ or WUXGA screen is going to be an option, 'cuz if either screen is available, dat puppy's gonna be mine!!!!!!!!!
Originally Posted by dasnetwerk
For all the ppl saying that they are sorry they ordered 5680... Think about it, about the following advantages of buying 5680 now:
* Save $$$ (8790 is probably going to be more expensive)
* Save time (no waitin till 8790 comes out)
* 5680 has been around for a while with 865 chipset and the probably fixed most of the issues, 8790 is new, you don't know what sort of problems it might have when you first buy it
* Performance difference between 5680 and 8790 is minimal
* Resolution on 5680 is much better if you need a large desktop space
* 5680 does not overheat, while 4780 which is close to 8790 is known to get hot
just some thoughts... I'm thinking I might still go for 5680 P4 EE, save some cash and be happy