Originally Posted by netnoggin
to this article..http://www.channelregister.co.uk/200...notebook_race/
Luke, Is this still a possibility from what you know?
Not sure who widowPC is, but I have heard about Rock Direct...
A couple more Questions for Luke or anyone that may know,
Who are the primary distributers for clevo laptops? Is it just Sager? and/or any others? Example, does companies like Rock direct and Alienware deal with clevo directly or??
Who/ how/ what company actually gets to be first?? and get the notebooks to their customers first?
Thank you for any info you may have
Sager is Clevo's largest volume reseller, as such they are also the 1st to ship with new products. I am sure I am about to step on a Clevo resellers toes with this but hey we are about setting everything straight, not about making everyone happy.
Sager's method of releasing a product:
1. Don't tell anyone about the product until it is complete, only announce it out of necessity.
2. If you are offered a demo model that does not have all the functionality of what the MP model will have, tell Clevo not to bother.
3. Put up preorders when you have stock, not just specs.
4. The model is about to release, put an add in one magazine and yell at PCT to put a review up on NBF.
Some other resellers method of releasing a product(some not all):
1. I heard a laptop might come out, drop hints everywhere... must generate more hype.
2. You have received rough specs an a artist rendition of what the laptop might look like, release a news announce that your company was the 1st to ship it.
3. You have the final specs but the product is still in debugging with no clear ETA... put up preorders and tell everyone you have them in stock put they will take 5 weeks to configure...
4. 5 weeks are up and no product, mark something as out of stock and try to change the subject as much as possible on your companies forums. Hey, you already got their money.... what's another month gonna matter anyway?
5. You have 1 demo model and your brother-in-law wants that laptop, ship it to him and have him post that their company was the 1st to ship one out.
[rant] While some of my statement are exagerate, most aren't. If you planning on flaming me for poking fun inderectly at a company that you have a direr love for is only going to cause me to poke more fun... guess I am a troll at heart huh. [/rant]
Sager = Ship 1st
Real ship date = unknown
expected ship date = Mid Dec.
Luke = Troll
Any more questions?