I can understand your stance and have been there before. But I had already decided that 3 1/2 hours was OK, anything else will just be frosting on my cake
. Any problems can happen with any product no matter how long it's been released. Granted new products are more prone. I decided that since the 8204 is not exactly enitirely new that I would take the risk. If it wasn't already modeled around the 8100/Ferarri 4005 chasis and the like, I would consider it a bigger risk. But since it is and I'm getting the additional "Anything Goes" warranty, I'm not concerned. IMO, I can weed out the typical, is the keyboard ok, does it have any flex, will I like the mouse, does the touchpad suck, are the hinges going to crap out, is the screen good, does it have sparkels and the like, and so on. Since I can answer all those questions I'm great with my decision. Anything else that may crop up can be fixed. You can't fix a crap keyboard or lousy build quality so easily. To date, when reviewing a product there are usually some BIG flags by now if there are going to be "major" problems. I haven't seen any. I believe the price on these is going to be in the $2,250-$2,450 well into May/June so I don't see any point in holding off. Any major revamps would be after that point anyway, and I'm just not convinced it would be significantly improved. At leaset not until Merom. I'd rather have it now
(of course I could be proven completely wrong in a couple of weeks). Assuming, no one else has thorwn one up, I will go ahead and put my opinion (and lots of pics
) together like I did on my M680 (see signature for review) after I recieve my 8204.