Hmm - the fact that that is on a GeForce Go 7800 GTX FAQ makes me think that this is only on GTX's, which, currently, means it won;t be for a 9400 (afaik - having read the dicussions about the internal layout of the 9400).
However, the quote, and parts of the articles, DO talk about
|Q: How much memory will the new GPU support?
GeForce Go 7800 GPUs can support up to 512 MB of local graphics memory
So let's hope it is available for the 9400's
I wouldn't be surprised if this was held out for a XPS 3 - soemthing that used eiter the T2700 Core Duo (VT enabled!) chip, or the Memon (sp?) chip due later this year.
Can you imagine a vista-focussed machine along the lines of:
- t2700 Core Duo (VT Enabled) / or equivalent Memon
- 4 GB ram (2x2GB modules - Samsung seem to state the will have these out 1H2006)
- GeForce 7800 Go GTX 512MB
- 100 GB (or bigger?) 7200 rpm drive
- 108 Mbs wireless connectivity
- 17" WUXGA (I think that's the 1920x1200 isn't it?) or even 19" or that 20" media centre demo they showed at CES