Originally Posted by Greenwall
One thing I highly recommend is if you shutdown your system for the night, UNPLUG your laptop from the wall outlet. I get sick of people complaining that their battery life sucks and you find out that they leave it plugged in all the time. Knock on wood, i still get nearly 2 hours on my IXPS Gen1 on battery (which is pretty much what I got when I first purchased it). It also pays to let it run down once in a while (be it monthly). Remember, your battery is similar to a cell phone battery so if you constantly recharge it when only using a few %, your battery remembers that and it's total battery life suffers because of that.