I have the wireless card on my 8887 working now with a Linksys WAP11, and except for some data rate problems (the WAP11, not the notebook), it's been working fine as follows:
- Win2K Pro
- 1.07.37 drivers from the driver CD
- MAC filtering enabled using the MAC reported by the wireless settings utility
- 128-bit WEP enabled; keys on both are set by passphrase. My data rate drops about 15-20% with WEP enabled, though.
- "Network name" the same as the "ESSID" on the Linksys.
- Authentication type "Shared Key" on WAP11, "Must use Shared with W"(EP) for the 8887. To set the latter, go to the device properties, advanced tab from device manager.
In addition to turning off MAC filtering and WEP, try changing the authentication type to "Both" on the Linksys and toggling through the authentication types on the 8887 - if you have the PRISM status window open, you should see it lock up right away.