|Any attempt to use the MD2 repair utility completely trashes MBR/Partition tables.
Sounds like you have something [utility/application] that will let you 'look see'. How are your partitions set currently????
And in your situation, I would stick with the Reinstall CD and not be using the Repair CD.
Hard to say what the present state of the boot code in the MBR.
To review the 'procedures' as best I know them.
1. During Windows install 'setup', you left approx 1.4 - 1.5 GB of free/unallocated
space for MediaDirect.
2. You completed Windows install
3. From Windows ran the Reinstallation CD
4. When install was 'Complete' Removed CD
5. Closed the Reinstallation Dialog window
6. Via Start Menu Shutdown
7. From Power OFF; Depress the MediaDirect button
Would be interested in your partition table configuration....
You're doing a real 'Lewis n Clark' thing here so not suprising there are a few rapids along the way....