Originally Posted by haute4
I complaint to dell about the installtion cd, all I got from them was 3 CDS and not the Media direct CD, Is there a way to make the Media Direct cd from dell utitlies after I reformatted and do a clean installation to my hard drive?
Hey dude. I only got 3 CDs as well. But pretty much, reformat the OS as usual. I think it was XPS140guy that said to only reformat the largest partion, which is a great idea. After everything is done, do this (directly from http://support.dell.com/support/topi...us&cs=&s=gen):
To repair Dell MediaDirect on your hard drive:
1. Place the Repair Utility CD or the Drivers and Utilities CD, if applicable, into the CD drive and restart your computer.
2. Press the <F12> key as soon as the Dell logo screen appears to enter the boot menu.
3. Press the <down-arrow> key to highlight the first CD listing.
4. Press <Enter> to boot from the CD.
NOTE NOTE: If you are using the Drivers and Utilities CD, type <Q> after you boot from the CD.
5. At the prompt, type cd \MD2 and then press the <Enter> key.
6. Type Repair and press <Enter>. The Dell MediaDirect repair utility opens.
7. Use the arrow keys on the keyboard to select OK and press <Enter>.
8. When the Done message appears, remove the CD from the drive and press the power button to turn off the computer.
You can now use the Dell MediaDirect button on your computer to launch Dell MediaDirect.
It only takes a few minutes to finish. Pretty cool!