Originally Posted by xtian
I am puzzled....can someone tell me what is the use for the USB LED driver?
This is what it says on the Alienware site, I guess its for the new case with the logo that is lit up. Not sure what it does. Must allow control of the logo I guess.
How do I install the ezusb.sys device driver?
• Alienware AuroraTM m7700
• Alienware MJ-12™ m7700i
• Alienware MJ-12™ m7700a
• Alienware SentiaTM m3400
Thank you for your inquiry.
This procedure applies to the mobile systems in the list above that have a blue light on the Alienware Logo and Alien-Head.
After reinstalling Windows, the operating system may ask for the file "ezusb.sys." In order to reinstall the driver, follow the steps below:
1. Download the USB LED Board device driver form the Support Area and extract the contents in a temporal folder. The same driver is available for the mobile system listed above.
Note: In this example the ZIP file was downloaded to the Windows Desktop.
Click here to learn how to access our Support Area.
2. On the "Found New Hardware Wizard" window, select the option "No, not this time" and click on Next as seem on Image 1.
3. Select the option "Install from a list or specific location (Advanced)," and click on Next as seem on Image 2.
4. Select the option "Include this location in the search" as seen on Image 3.
5. Click on the Browse button and find the folder "68613" where the ZIP file with the device driver was extracted.
6. Click on the Next button. Windows will install the driver for the USB device (LED Board), as seem om Image 4.
7. Click the Finish button to complete the driver installation.
Once the device driver is properly installed, it should appear under the Universal Serial Bus controllers in the Device Manager as seen on Image 5.
Thank you for your inquiry,
The Alienware Technical Support Team