this reply is probably a bit out dated. but in case you are still contemplating the swap... there is definitely an improvement. having made the swap w/in the last month, i would say that its not worth the cost vs. benefit unless you are really set on keeping the laptop. if you are planning on trading out w/in a yr, i would hold out and hang on to the 9700. in retrospect, the 9700 wasnt the greatest card, but wasnt all that bad either. with my current setup, i'll probably hold on to my 9100 for a couple years. had i not swapped, i'd probably be trading out for the 9300, which would be close in cost to selling the 9100 and the cost of a mr9800.
post #21 of 43
4/22/06 at 10:54am