Originally Posted by unclebrudy
Excellent review Troyus, really enjoyed the reading, and smokin' hot laptop.
If you have time:
1. So, no option to turn off those blue LEDs, huh? That'd be a huge issue if I was to give a presentation with it.
2. Biometric fingerprint reader? Convenient or irritating?
3. $1,850? Where?
Thank Troy. May just have to sell this Qosmio for one of those badboys.
1) I don't see a way to turn off the LED's. I have kind of gotten used to them. Since they are blue, they are not as distracting as, say, red. Not too big of a problem. But a way to turn them off woudl be nice. I would prefer them off.
2) The bio ID reader is actually very cool. I use it to login now, instead of typing my password. It sometimes requires more than one 'swipe' to read my finger, but it's still better than typing. Note that the other unique feautre - a "dual use" touchpad - is useless.
3) Yeah it was 1850.00 on Amazon for a week.
The only new problem I noticed is that the finish is easily scratched. I have lots of little marks next to the touchpad from using my optical mouse on it as a mousing surface.
I also really like the analog volume control knob on the front of the laptop. Some things were never meant to be digital!
If you buy it you will probably be happy you did. Unless mine blows up or some other force majeure
event occurs, I will remain convinced this is a sound purchase.