Update: I called my BestBuy store back home and they told me that I have to go through BestBuy international, like I did before, I cannot send it to the store itself. I called BestBuy international again and they told me again that in international situations, their policy is to try to get the lappy fixed locally if the cost is less than 75% of the purchase price, and that they will send me a check for the original price if the repair cost will be more than 75%.
HOWEVER-they also suggested that if I can send the lappy and all the paperwork to a friend back home, he could take it to the local BestBuy and they will fix it or replace it. I think that is the route I will take, though it means I will have to pay for all the international shipping.
Now I am wondering if I should ship the lappy back now, or wait two months till I get back myself in the hope that an even more advanced model will be introduced. I just will not have a laptop for 2 months - arrgh. I cannot do any music composition like I planned. Even if they send me a new laptop now, I will not be able to use all my music and sound programs because I did not bring the original installation discs with me. I have a seperate hard drive with all the music stuff in it-but the programs are registered with the original laptop hardware. I will have to re-install all the music programs unless they can fix my current 7422, which seems doubtful.