post #241 of 245
1/26/08 at 4:35pm
Hoping this post will be made sticky.
Here is my app for controlling the XPS LEDs, it also includes a plugin for Windows Media Player to flash the LEDs to the music.
Video of the Window Media Player Plugin in action filmed by zeananimal2001. Video
1. Solid Colour - This will set the specified LED to just one constant colour, specified by the setting of the main colour slider.
2. Twin Colour - This will alternate the specified LED between 2 colours (Main Colour and Secondary Colour). Speed is set by altering Colour Cycle Speed(19).
3. Cycle Colours - Will cycle the specified LED thorough all colours. Speed is set by altering Colour Cycle Speed(19).
4. Monitor - This sets the LED to monitor certain conditions.
a. Mouse Position - The LED colour is based on the horizontal position of the curser on the screen, ranging from Diamond on the far left to\tRuby on the far right.
b. Mouse Movement - When the mouse is not moving the LED colour will be set to the Main Colour, when the mouse is moving it will change to the secondary colour.
c. Hard Disk - When no harddisk activity LED will be set to Main Colour and will change to Secondary Colour when hard disk activity is detected.
d. Battery Level - Colour will change when battery level gets low.
e. Network - LED will change from Main Colour to Secondary Colour when network is active.
5. Off - The specified LED is turned off.
6. Enable Email Alert - If checked this will cause the specified LED to flash when an email is received. Once the email is downloaded it will stop flashing.
7. Main Colour - Specifies the Main Colour for that LED.
8. Secondary Colour - Species the Secondary Colour for that LED.
9. Monitor - Specifies the Monitor Mode.
10. Normal Brightness - Species the normal LCD Brightness level.
11. Faded Brightness - Specifies the LCD Brightness level when faded.
12. Fade After - Specifies the length of inactivity before fading commences.
13. Fade Speed - Specifies the speed at which the fade occurs.
14. Add programs that will prevent LCD Dimming - This allows you to add programs that when they are running will prevent the LCD Dimming effect from happening. This is useful for apps like DVD Players where you dont want the LCD to dim while watching movies.
15. Test Fade Effect - This cause the screen to fade immediately so you can see if you like the effct.
16. Heartbeat - This pulses the brightness of all the LEDS up and down.
17. Constant - Sets the LEDs to a constant brightness.
18. Brightness - Sets the brightness of all the LEDs.
19. Cycle Colour Speed - Sets the speed that colours will change. This silder only effects the Twin Colour and Cycle Colour setting.
20. Auto Disable with media player - If you are also using my Media Player plugin you want to check this box so that it disbles the app while media player is running. That why media player can flash the LEds without this app overriding its effects.
21. Cycle Effect - This is a sort of demo it will go through a varying sequence of effects and speeds.
22. Toggle All LEDs - Will click switch or Off the LEDs.
23. Configure Email - Allows you to type in your POP3 email account details so the app can monitor your email.