This is what I do NOT like on my 4760. These changes should also apply to the 4780, well.......for the most part lol
1. Change the audio chip to a REAL sound system *cough* Sound Blaster. And make the advanced audio controls (bass and treble) WORK.
2. A REAL network chipset and not that Realtek krapola. Hint, hint wink wink knudge knudge D Link or Netgear anyone?
3. Move the flippin IR port to the SIDE of the machine. You can't use that port and a portable printer unless the two units are IN FRONT of each other. This was the one feature I actuall liked on the Vaio, for the 30 seconds that the port actually worked.
4. Supply the S/PDIF adapter plug with the notebook. Or at least make the thing available for SALE on the website. Grrrrrrrr
5. A quick detatchable battery so you can change them without unscrewing a panel and pulling on a plug.
6. Making an extended battery for sale, either thru the website or COOPERATING with the makers of these batteries so that plug compatablity does not become an issue in finding one of these bad boys.
7. A cover for the exposed back ports. Something made out of metal not plastic. Again one of the few things I liked on the Vaio, before it broke off that is.....
8. Better functionality of the F8 and F9 keys to brighten or darken the screen. If I have to do that in the ATI controls then ELIMINATE this feature or make the feature CONTROL the function. Grrrrrrrr
9. Give up some real programs or utilties for the built in web cam. I had to use a utility program for my wife's lappy to get some functionality out of the built in cam. Also the ability to pan up or down would be nice WITHOUT having to move the lid. Again this is one of the few nice things about the Viao's that have a built in webcam.
After 7 months of use these are the only things I can find to nitpick on this unit.
Please forgive me for any nice comments I made about Sony,,,,I am running a fever and am becoming slighty delusional..........