Originally Posted by Michael_gaetano
righto, here's the deal, can I just take away the middle man so to speak and image a hdd straight to another hdd? I have my 120 in an enclosure atm and my 80 sitting in my laptop, is there a way of just copying everything onto the 120 external?
To perform a disk to disk clone with the Ghost 2003 Boot CD:
1. Boot the computer using the Ghost boot CD. This automatically starts Ghost. Be patient, it may take up to a minute.
2. Click OK when the Ghost screen appears.
3. On the Ghost main menu....
Click Local > Disk > To Disk.
4. In the Source Drive dialog box, select the source disk.
5. In the Destination Drive dialog box, select the destination disk (the external). Choose carefully as this is the disk that will be overwritten.
6. Click OK.
7. When the "Proceed with disk clone?" prompt appears, click Yes to proceed with the disk cloning.
The system performs an integrity check of the file structure on the source disk, and then copies the source disk to the destination.
(If you need to abort the process press Ctrl+C, but be aware that this leaves the destination disk in an unknown state.)
Ghost now copies the source disk to the destination disk. When done, Ghost displays a window that indicates the process has finished.
8. Click OK. This returns Ghost to the Ghost main menu.
9. Click Quit.
10. Remove the Ghost boot CD and turn off the computer.
11. Physically remove the source drive from the computer and install the cloned drive.
12. Restart the computer.