abf, since when you are allowed to post a picture of my player ?!?
Good it wasn't the same model...
iRiver T10 1GB (Blue)
- Good audio quality
- Mic (I can record my college classes)
- Radio FM (a must-have for me. Sometimes I hear radio more than the files... credit goes to good radio stations here)
- One common AA batt. Another must-have. Do you have an idea how difficult it would be to replace model-specific batteries when you live in the corner of the world ?!?
- Looks good: Blue, OLED screen etc. etc. everyone I know is impressed by its quality, since most have Creatives (MuVos and Nanos) and no-brand ones from Asia.
- Good UI (in my opinion).
- Limited capacity
- DRM. Extremely stupid, but I don't have problems with it.
- Does not work as a true USB mass storage device. Related to the stupid DRM stuff. Officialy, Linux is not supported, but I checked on internet before buying and it can be used there (otherwise it wouldn't be my choice, as I have some linux experiences... )
My choices at the time were:
Creative: Zen Nano, MuVo TX FM.
iAudio: iAudio 5
iRiver: T30 (abf's recommendation at the time), 800 series, 700 series, T10.
I was really going for the iAudio 5. Excellent reviews about the sound quality everywhere. Quite big though... Didn't get it because it was out of stock. Went with the T10 and sometimes I wonder if the iAudio would be too big...
So, if you don't care about the DRM limitations, and are looking for a flash player that looks good and have replaceable batts, this is a good choice. iRiver has a very satisfied customer right here.