Ok, i apologise if any of this seems irrelevant and stupid- but im an IT Technician and youd be surprised at the stupid little things people overlook..plus i dont have my alienware yet so i dont know exactly how they work..battery wise..
- Remove the battery and plug into a power outlet. (Not sure if you can do this on an alienware- dunno if u can run it on mains w/out battery in the bay?)
- Test the power outlet is functioning by plugging in a simple electronical device
- Does the power adaptor have an LED? Does it light up correctly?
- Is power surge a possibility?
- By now we should have established whether it is a power problem..
- When turning on, what do you get exactly? Any LEDs? Beeps? Irregular noises? ANY sort of reaction WHATSOEVER from the unit?
- Is there any chance it is in standby? Have you tried pressing and holding the power button?
Just some basic suggestions...if you are definate everything else is working perfectly it is possible something has blown, overheated, as the fact that it wont even switch ON means it is definately not a software problem- not even a BIOS/CMOS problem although im not sure if that controls the actual power switch or not...
If this all sounds like bollocks, i was only trying my best from what you said..