I'm using ASUS V6V with Toshiba Bluetooth.
I used to have Toshiba Driver and Utlity which is included in ASUS Driver CD ROM. Now i've switched to WindowsXP Driver.
I've been trying many approach from this forums and other and still can't get it working. My technic is way different than others.
Here is it.
1. Uninstall all Toshiba Stuff and restart the computer. If u switch on bluetooth from the panel near ur keyboard it will prompt u to install the driver. Just hit cancel and let it be yellow question mark and follow the next step.
2. With the yellow question mark in the device manager which is ur bluetooth device, right click and see the property and see the tab Detail.
Look for "Device Instance ID" it tells the id of the hardware.
Eg, mine is : USB\VID_044E&PID_3001\??? never mind the ??? just remember the "USB\VID_044E&PID_3001"
3. Open c:\windows\inf\bth.inf and Find the line where it says
;------------- Device section - Start -----------------------
this is the part where it tell windows which device id is for which driver
and the driver listed here is support by WindowsXP Bluetooth Stack.
don't worry if it doesn't have ur device id. The windows Bluetooth is support but just not listed.
4. Here is my trick, I've add the line
Alps Bluetooth USB Adapter= BthUsb, USB\VID_044E&PID_3001
on the 51st line. My assumption is that i used to found that Tooshiba Bluetooth Driver said that it is Alps Bluetooth Hardware so i add this line. Feel free to add other device name since it usually makes no different and windows would recognize it as WindowsBluetooth device anyway.
5. Save it. And attemp to reinstall the missing driver of the yellow device in device manager.
6. WindowsXP should find it WindowsXP Bluetooth Device and install the driver properly happily ever after.