Originally Posted by zen313
So, this guy showed how to upgrade from a x1400 video card to a 7800go. NOOB! Go to the 7900GTX, and unsolder that post! Shows how much research he did... he just copied the pictures from the i9300 manual! http://www.legitreviews.com/article/349/1/
It always amazes me that people can make a living doing websites like this one... (Wish I could do the same.
Let me correct a few things that you said:
1. The reviewer is not a "NOOB" and has been writing reviews for several years and is a well respected forum member at most of the top sites on the web today. He just did not need a GTX, did not want to pay the price for a GTX, and is actually hoping to get a 7900 fairly soon. And yes, it will be a GS.
2. The pics were his pictures, taken in his office at his house.
3. There is a four year warranty on the laptop the reviewer had, and therefore he has no intention of unsoldering anything and voiding a warranty that will help him re-sale the laptop, likely within a year.
4. Most of his research was done here, which is where he learned of the ability to upgrade the laptop. In other words, he got most of his info from guys like the original poster of this thread... because if he can be so critical, he must spend alot of time actually helping people too. (though the OP must not be too savy if he cannot recognize any difference between pics of a 9300 and an e1705)
5. The reviewer does not make a living doing reviews. In fact, he does not even own the site. He does it on his own, and many times, like this article that he wrote, it is on his own dime. He has a full time job, and a family (5 kids to be exact!) This is a hobby for him.
6. It was more of an interest piece for the readers of that site who may NEVER come to this forum. Many people never even new you could upgrade these cards. It was an article targeted to the readership of the site. Most here are at least "self-proclaimed" experts and these mods...
7. Let's see some links to reviews the OP has written.
By the way, I know all of this info because I am the writer of that review.