- The dell XPS looks bloody ugly. Looks like a Xbox or something. It's 5.05 cm tall WTF! That's a lil'bit way too much for my body.
- There will be virtually no difference performance wise between the M11 128mb and the M11 256mb. The M11 is said to not have enough punch to benefit from the extra video-memory. But that has been discussed already on the forums.
- Upgradeable graphics. I dont see much the point on this, to be honest. It's not like in a desktop, where you purchase whatever card you want, you slid it in within 10 minutes, install drivers, and off you go. Here you got to send it to Dell and will probably be expensive. I'd rather just Ebay away the laptop when a new graph card comes out and buy a whole new system. You'll get the new card, a new laptop, new warranty, and it wont cost you much more than upgrading just the GPU.
- 15.4" WUXGA vs. 17" WXGA. I'd rather get the 17". That machine is gonna be barely portable due to weight, size and battery life, thus you might as well get the whole enchilada. Unless you really need the extra ressolution (I personally dont).
- Longer battery life. Well, not very sure who'd buy this laptop with mobility in mind but non-the-less it's always nice to squeez 30 mins more out of your battery. Absolutely a sweet bonus.
- Cooling system. It seems that Dell's engineers have done a terrific job regarding the cooling system on their XPS. That's why it's so thick, to have room enough for the cooling, but it seems it works great.
- Regarding tech support, there are some people claiming on different forums that Dell's support is a nightmare to deal with. In the other hand, this board is pacted with pleasent opinions towards Sager and PCTorque. That's something to account in considering you never know when **** might hit the fan.
I agree with other posters: it will all come down to price. Dells are known for getting pricy as you spec'em up. But also dont forget that Dell runs an extensive cupons and dicounts programs here and there, so if you research a little bit sometimes there are good offers comming up from them. It's good to have different buying options as a consumer.