Originally Posted by DrewN
WeAreNotAlone, it could be a 15", in which case the 7600 Go is not an option. If the 17" was an option then by all means return that baby and get a 7600 Go! Also go with WeAreNotAlone's recommendation to buy through costco. Much much better return policy!
Yep, guess so... Might be a refurb as well. I will tell you this, my dv8000t is going back. I've been waiting on a hard drive since April, the order not getting in till first part of May due to they didn't have a "part" number for the hard drive....(LOL) I found out the part number myself by reading the Maintance and Service Guide for the dv8000t. Part number was there the whole time. Once I got the part number it took several more phone calls to finally get the order it, one time I was told the order was placed, only to find out about a week+ later that the order had not been placed. That was about 6 weeks ago. Still waiting on the hd...(Thing is I called about two weeks ago and I had a tech check to see if they "had" the hard drives", he gave me an ETA of 5 days, (He explained that meant a 3 day backlog-2 day ship time) 5 day ETA, part showing in stock and the status of my order hasn't changed... On top of the delay on the hd I'm not happy with the many wasted hours I've spent calling these turkeys to get a simple transaction done. (There have been mulitple screw ups.) You call during business hours and you get connected to a call center in India, the people there speaking with such a thick accent you can hardly understand them. (yes I know allot of compaines out source to India.) Thing is if you have any problem which is "non-standard" it creates a big problem trying to get both persons on the same "page" so to speak. To add insult to injury I'm not happy with the GPU and I'm not happy to find out that just a few weeks later a GPU upgrade is being put in shipping units. I know things change, expect that... just would like to get my parts before a major change (in this case the GPU) is being installed in shipping product. The hard drive being delayed my being able to "use" the unit, meaning I din't want to go thru the process of installing programs... and then have to start over again once the new drive arrived. Because of that I had to spend some $$$$ on a external hard drive, source and learn a couple of hard drive imaging programs (which is a good thing).... Now I can image the hd, then transfer everything over to the new drive.. with all my apps and data intact. The combo of the non-shipment of parts, the GPU being upgraded, and the new Duo Core 2 coming out soon, plus some other issues means this thing is going back. I can only hope that Costco does not bear the brunt of the loss. I hope HP is billed back, takes the loss because they deserve it. The above being said, I've still going to go with an HP due to the pricing for what you get. Hey one more thing on COSTCO.... you can buy the HP extended warranty, accident protection after you receive the unit via Costco. (EDIT: Costco has added the option to buy insurance at time the order is placed.... Before doing that though... you may want to compare it with the differant options going thru HP direct (buying the insurance thru them, after the sale as I think HP offers the accident with more than (1) year... I don't think ALL the options are showing yet on the Costco site. Pretty sure NONE of the options were there when I ordered my unit...Called HP and was told you can buy direct from them.
FYI: Screen on my dv8000t is $956.... (bet they pay about $80 for it.) They sure do "mark-up" stuff!!!
.... I was checking on 2 gig ram , and pricing a hard drive thru them and I almost passed out. They charge about 3 to 10 times what you could buy it anywhere else. Here's one example that will blow your mind, on the RTC backup battery (Keeps the time when you remove the main battery)... It's a regular CR2032 battery
, Price about $2 or $3 anyhwere else.... Thru HP it's $29.00!