Reguarding installing the new CCC & drivers make sure you downloaded the correct file. That being the Mobility CCC 6.6 the link at the top of this thread is the right download for laptops.
Removing Old ATI Software
1. Click on Start, then Control Panel, then go to Add/Remove Programs.
2. At the top of the list you should see several ATI entries. Select the entry entitled ATI Software Uninstall Utility and click Change/Remove
3. You will be prompted to restart your system once the uninstall is complete.
4. Once restarted, check the Add/Remove Programs list again for any remaining ATI software.
5. If any ATI software is still listed, click Change/Remove on those entries to uninstall each one individually.
Note: If you encounter any error messages while uninstalling such as “Error 1905 – DLL failed to unregister” please follow the directions listed in the Manual Removal Instructions section below. Otherwise, please scroll down to the bottom of the page and choose your product.
Once all of the remaining ATI entries have been removed from the Add/Remove Programs list and the computer has been rebooted, the remaining registry entries, program and temporary files will need to be removed.
1. Click on Start, Run, type in regedit and click OK. This will launch the Registry Editor.
2. Create a back up of the registry by clicking on File, then Export. Choose a name for the file and save it on your desktop. You have backed up your registry.
3. Click on the (+) next to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
4. Click on the (+) next to Software
5. Click on each folder that references ATI Technologies or ATI and press delete on the keyboard. When prompted for confirmation, click Yes.
6. Click on the (-) next to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE to collapse the list.
7. Click on the (+) next to HKEY_CURRENT_USER.
8. Click on the (+) next to Software.
9. Click on each folder that references ATI Technologies or ATI and press delete on the keyboard. When prompted for confirmation, click Yes.
10. Close the Registry Editor.
1. Click Start, then My Computer.
2. Double click on the C: drive or the drive in which your operating system is installed
3. Double click on the Program Files folder.
4. Delete any folders that reference ATI (e.g.. ATI Multimedia, ATI Technologies). See the screenshot below for reference.
5. Click on the back button until you are back at My Computer.
6. Double click on the C: drive or the drive in which your operating system is installed.
7. Double click on the Windows folder. Some systems may have a folder entitled WINNT instead.
8. Double click on the Temp folder.
9. Click on the Edit menu, then click Select All.
10. Click on the File menu and select Delete. When prompted for confirmation select Yes.
11. If any files remain in the Temp folder, repeat steps 9 to 10 until all files are gone.
Now that you've removed the existing ATI software you're ready to install the new drivers and software.
PLEASE SELECT YOUR PRODUCT FAMILY TO CONTINUE:
2. All in Wonder
3. TV Wonder
4. HDTV Wonder
5. Remote Wonder