I'm a Highschool senior. I'm buying my very first laptop(As the title says), with my hard earned money.
I've narrowed it down to two, and I was hoping to get some info from people who have experience with these two laptops or know of them. Any opinion is helpful though.
Here are the specs:Asus N61JQ-XV1 16-inch versatile entertainment laptop
Intel Core i7-740QM Quad-Core Processor 1.73GHz with turbo boost up to 2.93GHz
4GB of DDR3 1066MHz SDRAM, 2 slots, 8GB Max; ATI HD5730 graphics with 1GB DDR3 VRAM to enable 1080p HD playback
500GB Hard Drive (7200 RPM); Super Multi Optical Disk Drive; Wi-Fi 802.11 bgn
HDMI Port; USB 3.0 port; Bluetooth; 2.0MP Webcam
16-Inch HD (1366x768) LED Display; Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit) Operating System
(It comes with a 6 cell battery and AC adapter)
Price is $999.00 with free shipping from Amazon
Includes 1 year warrantyDell Studio 15 - 1558 laptop
Processor: Intel Core i7-720QM Quad Core Processor 1.6GHz (2.8GHz Turbo Mode, 6MB Cache)
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium, Integrated 2.0 MP webcam, back-lit keyboard, Microsoft Works 9.0,
500 GB SATA Hard Drive (7200 RPM)
4 GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333MHz (2 DIMMs)
8X DVD +/- RW w/dbl layer write capability
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470, 1GB15.6 inch High Definition (720p) LED Display with TrueLife
(Comes with a 9 cell battery and AC adapter)
Price for a Certified Refurbished through Dell Outlet is $989.00
Includes a 1 year warranty
I am willing to look at alternative suggestions...here are my preferences:
- Budget: A max of $1500
- Screen: Preferably a 15-16 in, but I'll consider a 17 in.
- Brands: Not HP or Sony(Bad past experiences)
- Mobility: Mobility is not a big issue. Battery life is not a big issue either, but at least two hours would be nice.
- Durability: I'm not taking it camping or off-roading, if that's what you're asking.
- Multitasking: Yup, I'm planning on a Multimedia major so think Photoshop, Word, Internet...
- Gaming: Not planning on it...
- Calculations: Possibly some...
- Storage: I'd prefer at least a 4 GB memory and 500 GB Hard Drive. I'll be storing school papers, photography, etc.
- Optical Media: I would prefer to have the option for burning CDs/DVDs
- Operating System: Windows 7
- Location: US