I can help you with the connections on the connector, I have the adapter and have measured the pins with a voltmeter.
1. the power adapter plug has a "flat" on the bottom part of the connector as it is inserted into the laptop.
2. looking into the connector with the flat on the bottom, you see four pins, the two top pins are a little closer together, and the bottom two pins are a little farther apart.
3. the top two pins are connected together, and also to the outer shield. this is your ground or minus volt connection.
4. the bottom two pins are connected together and this is the plus volt connection.
5. be careful and check your work with an ohmmeter and a voltmeter before plugging it in, your working with close to 100 watts of power!