Ok i attached a zip of the ini file.
What it has:
1. All the config screens as seen in Veazer's screenshots post.
2. Additional "Jack Setup" screen as seen in my screenshot (but now without the rear speakers port and thus no more annoying error message). This setup screen doesn't seem to do anything.
3. Equalizer that works
4. Input monitor: You can listen to whatever you have plugged into "Line In". I don't know if the original driver does this.
0. Uninstall your sigmatel drivers through add/remove programs if you want to be safe. Don't if you want to be daring.
1. Download the newest sigmatel drivers from Dell
2. Run the file. It will unpack the files to the location you specify, then it will proceed to install the driver. Cancel the driver install.
3. Go over to the folder where it was all unpacked and browse to the "WDM" folder. For example I have "C:\DELL\drivers\R122161\WDM"
4. Copy 92XXM2-3.ini into that folder, overwriting the existing one.
5. Go back up one folder to "R122161". For example "C:\DELL\drivers\R122161"
6. Run setup.exe. Certain antivirus progs may slow the install down alot, so it may be a good idea to temporarily stop protection (KIS 6.0 makes the install about 5 times longer for me)
7. Go mess around with the SigmaTel control panel applet
Disclaimer: I will not be held responsible if the above instructions harm your laptop in any way. kthx
Please post your results of doing the above.
I don't know how much more hacking is possible, and I don't know if Veazer has made any more discoveries. In any case, thanks Veazer for all the work you've done.