STEREO MIX FOR DELL 1505 - SOLVED!!!
here's a modified version of the 92XXM2-5.ini file, based on the work done by others in this forum (thanks so much guys). The 1505 uses the 92XXM2-5.ini instead of the 92XXM2-3.ini file, which the 1705 uses. follow the instructions below based on an earlier post, and it should work (I reccomend backing up the original file first, just for good practice). I didnt experiment with quality issues, latency times or anything like that....but.....it looks like it does what I want to do.
0. Uninstall your sigmatel drivers through add/remove programs if you want to be safe. Don't if you want to be daring.
1. Download the newest sigmatel drivers from Dell
2. Run the file. It will unpack the files to the location you specify, then it will proceed to install the driver. Cancel the driver install.
3. Go over to the folder where it was all unpacked and browse to the "WDM" folder. For example I have "C:\DELL\drivers\R122161\WDM"
4. Copy 92XXM2-5.ini into that folder, overwriting the existing one.
5. Go back up one folder to "R122161". For example "C:\DELL\drivers\R122161"
6. Run setup.exe. Certain antivirus progs may slow the install down alot, so it may be a good idea to temporarily stop protection (KIS 6.0 makes the install about 5 times longer for me)
7. Go mess around with the SigmaTel control panel applet