now we get somewhere :-)
1. important - good firewall, good virus software
2. finding hotspots, those free internet connections, http://www.wi-fihotspotlist.com/
- good start
3. follow the hotspots site instruction for connection (mostly about setting up network connection properties)
4. other than that, it is just like u have wireless at home
just to expand a bit more, finally understanding what u meant by "bluetooth to ur cell"
1. u can use ur cell as "modem" connecting to the net, contact ur provider to see if they can set u up with the service, and yes if the cell & ur laptop support bluetooth, why not
2. i personally used a umts cardbus (pcmcia) from t-mobile and this gave me a good connection speed of around 360+kbit/s, i heard that it can go as high as 1900+kbit/s.
but again, with more and more hotspots being made available, using cells and utms is a bit of an "expensive" hobby