Whenever i try to boot up my media direct, the loading screen comes up but then it freezes at a black screen. anybody have any ideas on how i can fix this problem. thanks in advance!
post #1 of 3
8/24/06 at 8:29pm
|2. Repair Dell MediaDirect
NOTE \tNOTE: \tIf you use the Repair Utility CD when you should be reinstalling Dell MediaDirect, the process may not complete properly.
In some cases, the repair utility is stored on the Drivers and Utilities CD rather than the Repair Utility CD, or it may be available as a download.
To repair Dell MediaDirect on your hard drive:
1. Place the Repair Utility CD or the Drivers and Utilities CD, if applicable, into the CD drive and restart your computer.
2. Press the <F12> key as soon as the Dell logo screen appears to enter the boot menu.
3. Press the <down-arrow> key to highlight the first CD listing.
4. Press <Enter> to boot from the CD.
NOTE \tNOTE: \tIf you are using the Drivers and Utilities CD, type <Q> after you boot from the CD.
5. At the prompt, type cd \\MD2 and then press the <Enter> key.
6. Type Repair and press <Enter>. The Dell MediaDirect repair utility opens.
7. Use the arrow keys on the keyboard to select OK and press <Enter>.
8. When the Done message appears, remove the CD from the drive and press the power button to turn off the computer.
You can now use the Dell MediaDirect button on your computer to launch Dell MediaDirect.