Originally Posted by Cybermind
same here. i used it once, then i saw the redetection and the UNKNOWN thingie, and then my controllers became 1.1, 1.1, and 2.0 which is wrong. i dunno
I wonder if that isn't a bios issue? It almost certainly looks like it.
Do you guys know/recall which bios version you're using?
The acer-panam (North America) site has a v.2.0 with no readme as to fixes, updates, or anything.
Mine had stock 1.9 so I flashed it with the 2.0.....then a few days ago, found a v.2.6 and 2.72 on the acer-euro driver site. They both had the standard readme's as follows:
01. Disable USB Power on S4/S5 by EC bios.
01. Fix DDR2-667 512MBx1 DOS Reboot Failure
02. Fix s3/s4/cold boot/warm boot long run test black screen issue.
03. Add UVC CCD Bison/Suyin support in int15 for vista.
04. Disable hot-buttons when lid-switch is closed (EC bios).
05. Modify SMBIOS for Vista DTM Failure
06. Modify Brightness Levels to 16.
07. Remove Auto Change FIR PNPID for Vista OS since Driver Cover FIR SMC1036 PNPID.
08. Reconfigure HD verb table after s3 resume for audio no sounds issue on vista.
09. Modify HD codec pin configuration CD IN(1C) & PCBeep(1D).
10. Speed Up S3 Resume Time for Vista OS
11. Disable Un-Used PCI Clock Sources of South Bridge for EMI.
01. Fix BSOD 0xD1
02. Fix the boot sequence default incorrect(CD-ROM swap HDD) after flash bios on SATA flatform.
03. Add OS detection code for BSOD OxEA solution.
04. Add detection for new uvc ccd of bison/suyin.
01. Remove hot key function(Fn+F5, Fn+right, Fn+left) for design around samsung hot key patent.
02. Fix Bluetooth & WirelessLan control in INT15 function abnormal
03. Do not send SCI any more when pressing hot-key to switch display or adjust brightness. (EC bios)
I emailed acer support asking why these were available on the euro site, but not the acer-panam. I haven't rushed to flash with either one, mainly because I'm not having any of the issues listed as fixed.
The issue I'm wondering about is whether I've got the optimum video driver pack installed. Cybermind, I saw you had posted to several threads on that- could you put up some links again? I've got the standard Chipset/ATI drivers installed, and I saw a post that mentioned tweaking some .inf files, in maybe an Omega release?