I've been off and on throughout the day. What has stuck with me is this:
1) I like the look. It looks clean and modern. But,
2) I don't like the color scheme used or the layout of each message.
3) For some reason, having grey as the background of the message text seems to be fooling my brain. I am drawn to peoples signatures instead of their message text. The grey/message area seems more like a quote instead of the actual message.
4) For some other reason, right now, whenever screens change (next page, previous, etc). it draw the blue screen with the grey bar at the top, NO TEXT, and SITS THERE, for ALMOST A MINUTE before the screen fully loads with the text. What is up with that? I thought it might be my IE7, but I tried it on my server with IE6 and it does the same thing.
5) Too much wasted space on the screen. It's all empty space now. I have a big 30" LCD, 2560x1600, and I can only see EIGHT (8) message on a screen (and they are only 1-3 lines each!!), without having to go to the next screen (and WAITING ANOTHER MINUTE for the screen to redraw!)
6) Too much wasted space on the screen. (oh wait...I already said that!!).
I'll hang in there another day or so with the new look, but probably won't keep it.