lol... thanks seablade, but before i checked your answer, i already decided to move to e17
I'm trying to get e17 installed on my system. . . This is what i have done thus far.
1) Added these files to /etc/portage/package.keywords
2) Then I emerged: emerge eet evas ecore embryo edje e
3) Tried startx, but realized I didn't have my xorg.conf emerged.. so i emerged xorg.. set up the xorg.conf so the mouse works, and i was able to boot into the white and black screen with mouse working, quit that and coped the xorg.conf to the appropriate root.
4) tried startx once again, doesnt' boot, get the error message: You are executing enlightenment directly. This is bad. And it says to use enlightenment_start.. so i give that a shot.
5) I type enlightenment_start, there is some text and at the bottom it says
Enlightenment cannot initialize its X connection.
Have you set your DISPLAY variable?
Any ideas Seablade? or anyone else?