I do like the machine, generally. There are a few things I dont like about the laptop:
- I bought the M6842N (4:3 version), the graphics card draws artifacts as it gets hotter. After a little while the screen becomes garbage.
- The screen had that "gradient" problem, its because the viewing angle is very limited so the screen looks different from every angle.
- Sent it back, got a M6742N (Widescreen) version, it has the same screen, but the problem isnt apparent because its much shorter.
- The hard drive makes a loud click noise when seeking, the cd drive head makes a tick noise when the laptop is moved around... i suspect that most drives have this problem, but its not pleasing to hear.
- It gets quite hot on the lap and is pretty uncomfortable, which is ironic because its called a "laptop"... maybe thats why some people use the word "notebook" :P
- I received XP Home instead of Pro as advertised, I might have to send it back anyway. If I do, I might replace it for a Sony Z1XSP.
- Its a bit heavier than the 2.6kg advertised... the dvd drive is pretty much essential, so i will be lugging around 3-4kg with accessories around.
I do want to keep this laptop, but i dont think i can wait for a fix, i think its better to take advantage of my 14 day satisfaction guarantee.