Originally Posted by weakstorm
ok, I will give more detailed info:
- download pcmcia x64 drivers from http://www.acerpanam.com/synapse/data/7117/documents/PCMCIA_CardReader_TI7411(126.96.36.199_logo'd).zip
- unzip the file to a certain location (eg. desktop)
- uninstall previous installations of TI drivers
- open device manager and right click on "mass storage device" and click update driver
- when it prompts for new driver choose manual browsing and locate the x64 driver folder
- there is a "Bin64" subfolder in it. choose this folder and click ok.
This way it installed the card driver & "mass storage device" icon disappeared on my 4005 and reader started operating.
YOU DA MAN !!!!!! My Cardreader is WORKING, and I'm using VISTA 64, NOT 32, VISTA 64!! do what he he said, but search the entire C:\\ drive to update (install) the Mass Storage Controller driver (manually) which shows up orphaned in Device Manager beforehand. I could not find the folder you mentioned, but the file was found somewhere, and yes, Mass Storage Controller disappeared in Device Manager, and NOW the card reader shows up as an "INTEGRATED" card reader.
3 Posts??? God'ammed, you make 'em good when you post 'em, don't ya ?
You are the hero to us twilight zoners....:-)
Where can we all Paypal you your reward?