I would use Distcc with my desktop/school's network, otherwise it would need a week!
post #21 of 53
9/5/07 at 1:12pm
|Several interesting points mentioned in the article:
1. Eee PC is going to be on sale starting the third week of September in Taiwan.
2. A second version with 8" monitor will be launched in October.
3. The $199 model is for governmental and educational markets only.
4. They may work with mobile carriers to get Eee PC subsidized. So customers can get Eee PC for free if they apply for 3G wireless accounts. (Not sure if they will do that in Taiwan only or also in other countries)
5. Asus will make peripherals for Eee PC, such as 3G wireless module, wifi AP, power brick...etc.
6. The second generation of Eee PC will be released in April next year. It has 9" LCD, uses Intel's Menlow plateform and the battery life can reach 9 hours.
900mhz is just enough for what its ment to do, hell ive surfed on a 500mhz celly way before the northwood core came out, and it was decent enough