follow-up on 8790
Opened the box, well packed, awesome looking notebook!
* Did not order RAID enabled and the swtiches were set appropriately from the factory.
* Loaded the Gigabyte wireless software and connected flawlessly to the AP
(D-link di 624). The laptop to AP distance is about 8' and connecting at
108 Mbps. No drops in signal strenght so far.
* Loaded XP Home and the 44 critical updates and many XP updates.
* Loaded Omega 2.530 driver, installed w/o problems, no OC yet.
* Fans are running, but no worse (and maybe even quieter) than the 5660. Heat production appears pretty much the same as the 5660, but haven't run any games yet. Looking to load Chrome and Deus Ex 2 here shortly.
* The box packed in the shipping container works well as an impromptu laptop desk on the legs!
* The screen is AWSOME, much real estate for page displays, I'm impressed.
Running at 1440x900.
* The CD/DVD drive is opposite side of the 5660, no big deal.
* The only flaw so far is the rubber cap covering the ports on the left side, it's loose and keeps falling out. No big deal, will place where the hot air blow out to soften and stretch to fit.
* No problems with the keyboard.
* Awesome machine, love the heat, fans, and size/weight of the beast!
* Need to change my signature.