I know that the Dell XPS M1730 is still new and few, if any, people have their hands on one right now but I was wondering if someone could provide good guesses to some questions I have (I've never ordered from Dell before and was hoping someone who has experience with Dell could pass on some knowledge):
- Regarding the TV tuner option...in the configuration it says, "TV Tuner and Remote Control Bundle"...do you think the TV tuner is internal or external? For instance I know the Alienware m9750 has an internal TV tuner and you just plug the coaxial cable into the port on the back of the laptop.
- Will the system come with recovery discs? Like something for system recovery or to reinstall Windows? Or is this something I have to call Dell about and pay extra for?
- Would the phone based tech support be U.S. based English speakers? I thought I remember reading something that said XPS users get this. Also I would upgrade to the 3 year warranty with In-Home service...has anyone had any experience, positive or negative, with the In-Home service?
- I have a question about the hard drive option that I hope someone could explain to me. It says "RAID Performance: 400GB (2x200GB) 7200RPM". So I assume this is a RAID-0 set up but since it says 2x200GB does that mean I will have access to two 200GB drives (like a C: and D: drive) and that I could save documents to both of them (or is one locked and can't be accessed)? Or does the computer "combine" the two 200GB drives behind the scenes and to me it will show up as one 400GB C: drive? Also does the fact that there are two drives spinning and moving around mean there is a greater chance something could go wrong and I could have a computer crash (since it's my understanding that in a RAID-0 set up that if one drive goes, they both go).
- Finally does Dell have a return program? If I customize an XPS M1730 and it arrives and I begin using it and have a major problem with it and am very disappointed, can I return it for a refund to my credit card? If so what is the time frame for this? Would it matter that the computer was customized (not a preconfigured model) and had been turned on and used slightly?