|A tipster sent us PDF document which looked like an outline of features for Battlefield 3. The three page document is apparently prepared for investors which should get it by December of this year. It details basic features of BF3, and are as listed:
- Release in late 2008
- Powered by “Frostbite DX”
- Set in year modern day (just like BF2, ed.)
- Will ship with 8 maps, each supporting up to 40-players per team
- Two playable factions, NATO and MEC (Middle Eastern Coalition)
- Same “ticket-based” gameplay style as before
- Maps are mostly urban, based in Middle East
- Squads and Commanders are present, introduced are “Battalions” which consist of three to four squads.
- Five playable classes; Sniper, Assault, Engineer, Medic and Support
- Will feature 48 different vehicles (24 for each faction)
- Will feature 34 different weapons (17 for each faction) and another 22 unlocks (for both factions), in total 56 different weapons.
- Other unlocks include different types of ammunition, body armor, helmets, camouflage and accessories.
- Possible public beta in “Summer 2008″
- Online stats tracking, awards and “real world ranks”
- “Soldier” feature, looks like MMO-styled characters and avatars
- Ranked servers will be available for resellers weeks before the game ships (for testing, apparently, ed.)
- In-game replay and recording feature
- VoIP, friends list, in-game IM-client and “extensive clan support”
- Built-in auto software updater (no more patches!, ed.)
- Widows Vista and OS X (no XP?!, ed.)
- Announcement and teaser trailer in January 2008.