what can i say about the game:
i bought cod4 yesterday. after playing 60+ hrs of enemy territory: quake wars (et:qw) i wanted to give also some other mp game a try. what i can say so far about the game:
1. played the sp a bit. if you like the setting, you'll have some fun. the environments change very often and look nice, many spectacular moments. but it feels a bit like you are in an interactive movie where you don't have many choices what to do. besides of that you always have a crew of bots following you, hich is slightly annoying after some time.
2. played mp a bit: disappointing after having played etqw for some time. i miss the depth. mostly deathmatch style run-shoot-run-shoot.... i'll have to find out, if there is something else than deathmatch&capture the flag style gaming, something more objective based. however, it runs great on my computer, i didn't experience any problems/low fps yet, even with 32 in a game.
3. graphics: it looks nice, textures are not groundbreaking, but the environments are full of stuff, lots of smoke in the air, nice animations give the game some realistic, action filled feeling. if you want to compare it with etqw, its just different. etqw has more the doom3 graphic style and environments, that look emptier, but sharper. cod4 has definately better physics & animations. however, after playing cod4, etqw still doesn't feel much inferior to me.
-cod4 lacks the depth of etqw in multiplayer.
- i am not a big fan of real military settings (ww2/modern), so i prefer the fantasy approach and design in etqw.
- weapons feel&sound nice in cod4, but i hate the crosshair and you cannot change it. you are forced to use iron sights most of the time.
- the game's official release date in germany is today, however, there are a lot of servers already, it's easy to find a game to join.